G-2130 / S-2130
G-2130 Bolt Type Anchor shackles with thin head bolt – nut with cotter pin. Meets the performance requirements of Federal Specification RR-C-271F Type IVA, Grade A, Class 3, except for those provisions required of the contractor. For additional information, see page 444.
Crosby bolt type shackles
- Capacities 1/3 thru 150 metric tons, grade 6.
- Working Load Limit and grade “6” permanently shown on every shackle
- Forged – Quenched and Tempered, with alloy pins
- Hot Dip galvanized or Self Colored. (85, 120, and 150 metric ton shackles
are all hot dip galvanized bows and the bolts are Dimetcoted® and painted red)
- Fatigue rated (1/3t – 55t).
- Shackles 25t and larger are RFID EQUIPPED
- Approved for use at -40 degree C (-40 degree F) to 204 degree C (400 degree F).
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26
- Shackles 85 metric tons and larger are individually proof tested to 2.0 times the
working load limit
- Shackles 120 metric tons and larger are proof tested, Magnetic Particle Inspected and
provided with Serialized Pin and Bow.
- Type Approval and certification in accordance with ABS 2006 Steel Vessel Rules
1-1-17.7, and ABS Guide for Certification of Cranes
- 3.1 Certification as standard available for charpy and statistical proof test for pg 79
only up to 25 tons to DNV2.7-1 and EN13889.
- Crosby 2t through 25t G2130 anchor shackles are type approved to DNV Certification
Notes 2.7-1- Offshore Containers. These Crosby shackles are statistical proof and
impact tested to 42 joules (31 ft-lbs.) min. ave. at -20 degree C (-4 degree F). The tests
are conducted by Crosby and 3.1 test certification is available upon request. Refer to
page 76 for Crosby COLD TUFF® shackles that meet the additional requirements of
DNV rules for certification of lifting applications – Loose Gear.
- All other 2130 and all 2150 shackles can meet charpy requirements of 42 joules
(31 ft-lbs) avg at -20 degree C (-4 degree F) upon special request.
- Look for the Red Pin® . . . the mark of genuine Crosby quality
crosby eye hooks
All crosby 320 eye hoist hooks incorporate the following features
- Each hook comes with a latch kit installed
- Designed with a 4:1 Design Factor
- Eye hooks are load rated
- Proper design, careful forging and precision controlled quenched and tempering give maximum strength without excessive weight and bulk
- Chemical analysis and tensile tests performed on each PIC to verify chemistry and mechanical properties
- Type Approval and certification in accordance with ABS 2006 Steel Vessel Rules 1-1-17.7, and ABS Guide for Certification of Cranes
- Hook incorporate two types of strategically placed markings forged into the product which address two QUIK-CHECK features: Deformation indicators and angle indicators
- Low profile hook tip
- New integrated latch (S-4320) meets the World class standard for lifting
- Fatigue rated at 1-1/2 times the Working Load Limit at 20,000 cycles
Crosby Open Spelter Sockets
Spelter socket terminations have an efficiency rating of 100%, based on the catalog strength of wire rope. Open Grooved Sockets meet the performance requirements of Federal Specification RR-S-550D, Type A, except for those provisions required of the contractor. Available in various sizes, Forged Steel Sockets through 1-1/2″, cast alloy steel 1-5/8″ through 4″.
Open Swage Socket S-501
Features: Swage sockets incorporate a reduced machined area of the shank which is the equivalent to the proper after swage dimension. Before swaging, this provides for an obvious visual difference in the shank diameter. After swaging, a uniform shank diameter is created allowing for a QUIC CHECK™ permanent visual inspection opportunity. Designed to quickly determine whether the socket has been through the swaging operation and assist in field inspections, it does not eliminate the need to perform standard production inspections which include gauging for the proper after swage dimensions or proof loading.
Hardness controlled by spheroidise annealing.
Swage socket terminations have an efficiency rating of 100% based on the catalogue strength of wire rope.
Material: Carbon Steel.
Marking: ID code and Manufacturer’s symbol.
Safety factor: 5:1.
Standard: Crosby Drawing.
Crosby G-209 Screw Pin Shackles
The Crosby G-209 Screw Pin Anchor Shackle is perhaps the best known rigging shackle in the industry. It is also a hallmark product for Crosby…a piece of rigging hardware that is almost instantly recognizable by its user. Other manufacturers may offer lower pricing or even boast higher Working Load Limits with their shackles, but over time, no rigging shackle will bear more value than this one. Crosby G-209 shackles are made from forged steel. They are Quenched and Tempered with alloy load pins, and feature a hot-dip galvanized finish. Each shackle is fatigue rated, meaning it can be subject to continuous use time and again without failure (always obey Working Load Limits). Look for the Red Pin . . . the mark of genuine Crosby quality
TURNBUCKLE HOOK/EYE HG225 1/2X6
- End fittings are Quenched and Tempered, bodies heat-treated by normalizing
- Hot-dip galvanized steel
- Hooks are forged with a greater cross sectional area that results in a stronger hook with better fatigue properties
- Turnbuckle eyes are forged elongated, by design, to maximize easy attachment in system and minimize stress in the eye
- TURNBUCKLES RECOMMENDED FOR STRAIGHT OR IN-LINE PULL ONLY
- Modified UNJ thread on end fittings for improved fatigue properties, body has UNC threads
- Lock nuts available
- Fatigue rated
Crosby Turnbuckle Hook & Eye
HG-227 forged steel turnbuckles feature a Quenched and Tempered clevis pin jaw fitting on one end, with a tapered eye fitting on the other. They satisfy Federal Specifications FF-T-791b, Type 1, Form 1 – CLASS 8, and ASTM F-1145. They are hot galvanized and offer a 5:1 safety factor.
Crosby Wire Rope Clip G-450
- Each base has a Product Identification Code (PIC) for material traceability, the name CROSBY or CG, and a size forged into it.
- Based on the catalog breaking strength of wire rope, Crosby wire rope clips have an efficiency rating of 80% for 3-4mm to 22mm sizes, and 90% for sizes 24-26mm through 90mm.
- Entire Clip-Galvanized to resist corrosive and rusting action.
- Sizes 1/8” through 2-1/2” and 3” (3mm through 65mm and 75-78mm) have forged bases.
- All Clips are individually bagged or tagged with proper application instructions and warning information.
- Clip sizes up through 1-1/2” (38mm) have rolled threads.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, these wire rope clips meet other critical performance requirements including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
- Look for the Red-U-Bolt®, your assurance of Genuine Crosby Clips.